Monday, September 3, 2012

The First Week of School

Well, we have been back in class for two weeks. I always forget just how hard the first few weeks are. We practice procedures so much. It really is my least favorite thing to teach, but it pays off so much if you do it.

The first week our unit was All About Me. I used Deanna Jump's Back to School unit and Kim Adsit's Family Fun unit. The children enjoyed telling about themselves and their family.

Here are a few pictures of some things we did.
The first two pictures are where we discussed our families from Kim Adsit's unit. That number anchor chart isn't really supposed to be there. It was back there for a reference while we filled out our booklets. It is from Kim Adsit's All About Numbers unit. I thought the shoes turned out so cute. They are from the Family unit as well. They enjoyed adding up the girls and boys and giving me the total number of children in their shoe. So fun! One of my FAVORITE first week activities is the All About Me book and person from Mrs. Jump's unit. The children love making them and they are so precious. I already had the letters to their name cut out in different fonts and in a ziploc for them. It was very informative to see who could put their name together without any help.

No comments:

Post a Comment